Secondary regulator maximum feed pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-rocks

Reaction score
Looking to add a secondary regulator to my setup (taprite), but can't find any information on the maximum feed pressure for their secondary regulators....thinking they are just standard regulators with a nipple, but my older taprite says minimum feed pressure of 500psi..., so maybe not.

I'm running a McCann carbonator for seltzer at about 100PSI (separated the tank and motor - put the tank in the keezer and dispense with a bar gun, so no cold plate needed).

Currently have two co2 tanks running, but I want to use one - keeping the other for a swap/backup.

Anyone know? Thanks...

Got an answer from a reseller, said 500 max inlet. Ordered one, so we'll see....

thanks for the link day_tripper, I read all that "working pressure/safety blow off" as all from the working side of the regulator (output). Thus the gauge and anything else downstream would have a safety net. The working pressure/safety on my primary soda regulator all says max WP of 160psi, with inlet max of something much higher (attaches to the tank, though).

Going to disassemble and compare the primary / secondary differences when I get them. Might just be a lighter spring on the secondary diaphragm making low pressure adjustment easer, since they all seem to have the same repair kits.

Latest posts

Back