Should I hug em or hate em

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eljefe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently gave me a four pack of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which is not available in PA so the gesture was much appreciated. The first time I ever had it was at his house and I drank 6+ that night. All night I kept saying how much I liked the beer so it has been an ongoing gift - they have family that lives in KY so they go there a couple times a year.

A couple days ago I go to the fridge to grab a beer and saw the familar horse cap of KBBA so I grabbed it. The label was off and the bottle was missing about a 1/4 of the beer. I figured I must have drank some and recapped it - not a usual habit of mine. I opened it, the carbonation was there and the beer tasted fine so I naturally drank it.

Tonight, I go to the fridge and grabbed another KBBA and noticed the same thing. I realized the beer that I was given was the root cause. They are all missing labels and worse all missing beer - 1/3 to 1/4 is missing. I opened the second and it tastes as expected.

I am confused as to why this is. I figure the bottles froze and I have what was left. Why would it be carbonated still?

Should I be insulted that they pulled a "Give it to him, he will drink anything" or be grateful that they gave me a four pack of it, albeit a three pack in volume?

Back