Should I post this here? BBQ????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretman124

Reaction score
Out here in the PNW, I'm on a big hunting and fishing forum. When you bring up the subject of BBQ (purchasing one) the only thing anybody talks about is the Traeger line of grillshttp://www.traegergrills.com/

The base model Traeger is around $600, and goes WAY up from there.

Since this forum is mostly national, and some multi-national, what do ya'll do for your BBQ grill?

Pics and/or links would be nice.

Looking for other options in high(er) end BBQ's.

Thanks..........

fretman124 said:
Out here in the PNW, I'm on a big hunting and fishing forum. When you bring up the subject of BBQ (purchasing one) the only thing anybody talks about is the Traeger line of grillshttp://www.traegergrills.com/

The base model Traeger is around $600, and goes WAY up from there.

Since this forum is mostly national, and some multi-national, what do ya'll do for your BBQ grill?

Pics and/or links would be nice.

Looking for other options in high(er) end BBQ's.

Thanks..........

Webber 4 LIFE!!!

I support the home-town grill.

WTF!!! BBQ!!!! Y j00 post here!!!???

just kidding. i think i'm still a little drunk from last night. werk is fun right now, so i know i'm not right in teh head. :D

I've got a chargriller smoking pro, weber kettle (gets used the most), and a Jenair gas. I love grillin/bbqing/slowcooking.

Never used or seen one in use but the Egg seems to have a cult following.

TxBrew said:
Never used or seen one in use but the Egg seems to have a cult following.

I've looked at the "egg". Looks like it might be smater than I am.

We've been using a cheeeeep weber charcoal for about 20 years. Its ready to fall apart. Our fortunes have improved since we got married 20 years ago and I'm thinking of getting the wife a nice grill as part of the celebration. She does most of the cooking on it. I'm thinking stainless, bigger, etc. Wish there was someplace out here that had a try before you buy type thing going on.....

I would check Craigslist if you have a good CL in your area. Not too much to a grill so you can save quite a few bucks usually. Don't have to worry much about it being broken.

I bought mine through CL. Side by side, one side propane and the other charcoal/wood pit with a little propane burner for a pot as well.

I'm a Webber guy too. Only beef I have with them is that they got rid of the 3 circular vents in the bottom in favor of the single vent. I "salvaged" one and use it all the time.

From what I've read tho, I think I would love an Egg....

Ize

Back