Simple auto brewery in the making.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyhowe

Reaction score
Tile down today. It's going to be simple but ( I hope) functional. I may regret not adding additional outlets, but that is solveable. Need to adjust the plumbing a bit for the sink.

i-TBdrs4m

IMG_7553.jpg

Awesome! Keep the pics coming. I can't wait to have a space like this to do a brewery build out. Looking fwd to seeing the finished product!

Where is the boil steam / exhaust going to go? What about a drain? Are either of these possible?

Where is the boil steam / exhaust going to go? What about a drain? Are either of these possible?

Ah. Good question. By simple I mean simple. My setup Is a Zymatic and a PICO. The sink is the only drain needed for cleanup and no exhaust is necessary.

Awesome! Keep the pics coming. I can't wait to have a space like this to do a brewery build out. Looking fwd to seeing the finished product!

It should go quick from here. I am going to have the figure out where to mount the mill and motor etc.

Ok roughed in the plumbing and got the drywall up. But then apparently I had to get the floor in for the rest of the room and get the bathroom tiled. Something about making it livable for Christmas. But what about beer for Christmas ??

IMG_7564.jpg

Well the sink is here. I think it will work well. I also received the direct drive motor for the mill. It will be nice not having to use the drill. I will have to come up with a nice way to raise the mill 2.5 inches to match the motor.

IMG_7566.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

Cabinets and counter roughed in. Think I will put the mill and motor on the first cabinet.

IMG_7567.jpg

The ale works direct drive mill is 2.5 inches taller than the mm2. With the help from Online Metals I was able to source the aluminum needed. Eastside HAVC was able to bend the sides and LPI fabrication drilled the metal stock nice and straight for the through bolts to mount the mill.

I understand that Monster is thinking about mating these together with spacers of their own at a later date.

IMG_7568.jpg

Testing the layout for space and power location. Open space in the left is for the kegerator /fermentation chamber.

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

And then it all gets ugly again. Each unit now has its own outlet as I don't like wires hanging around. The beverage air replaces my kegerator (couldn't pass up the used deal) gets fitted with the PICO Kegsmarts system and heating wraps for fermentation. Literally almost killed us getting it upstairs.

IMG_7619.jpg

Put the wiring harness of the motor down through the granite via one of the bolt hold downs (4 is overkill). Nice and clean and goes nicely with my "I don't like to see wires" motto. Switched within the cabinet. Rough for now.

image.jpg

Holy crappy. Fired up the kegerator and it was crazy loud. No way says SWMBO. Crap. Gonna have to move it to the garage for fermentation and bring up the standard Kegerator for serving. Damn thing almost killed us moving it up there. Gonna hire someone to bring it down. Crap.

A lot of catching up to do. Have a heavy scottish ale brewing in the Zymatic, with a Rogue's dead guy ale going in the PICO. Beside the PICO is Annie's London Ale fermenting from yesterday's brew. Loving it so far...

IMG_7732.jpg

Back