Sinking Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxTheSpy

Reaction score
I want to start using a tilt hydrometer but I use fruit in my mead, Would I be able to use a mesh bag with the fruit in it with some glass marbles to sink it to the bottom and have it work? I think that the fruit completely submerged would be better instead of having 1/3 the fruit out of the must and not adding flavor?

Is it favorable to have the fruit at the top or bottom?
Please and thanks for your answers.

I amost always use a paint strainer bag with fruit and add a good handfull of marbles to sink it. No worries. Not really sure it makes a difference for flavor but certainly less worried as if sumerged little chance of something growing on it.

I amost always use a paint strainer bag with fruit and add a good handfull of marbles to sink it. No worries. Not really sure it makes a difference for flavor but certainly less worried as if sumerged little chance of something growing on it.

awesome! will also allow the use of Tilt! Maybe look a little better too because the fruit will be hidden untill it clears

Latest posts

Back