Skol, from Rochester NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadhead

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the hobby, I have not brewed yet but am very excited to get started! I have been looking into different techniques and trying to learn as much as possible about the brewing process before i purchase my equipment and start brewing.
I know that i want my first batch to be an American micro-brew style pale ale. (only because that is my favorite beer) I think my best bet is going to be starting off with extract brewing. Full grain brewing will definitely be in my future once i get familiar with the process.
So any suggestion about anything at all (having to do with brewing) would be greatly appreciated! I am sure you will see some questions from me in the near future. Thanks

-Tom

Welcome, Definately start with extract, learn the process that way. You will be able to put out some great brews that way, and get your technique and processes dialed in...

Beers of the World has pre assembled kits you can pick up. good to learn the ropes on, once you get the process down you'll be putting together your own in no time!

Beers of the world is awesome. There guy there (I lost his card) but he is a very good resource. Live down here in Geneseo and he has hooked me up with much good advice. Just ask for the guy that has the most info on home brew, well known

Back