Someone should try a Banana recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAGNER BREWING

Reaction score
If you can make a pumpkin spice recipe, why not a banana spice? Bananas are a very smooth fruit that has the same soft and mushy characteristics like a pumpkin. Worth a shot..has anyone ever heard of anyone doing this or tried it themselves?

I've tried this and its absolubtly beautiful.

It can be bought from most shops, I got mine from ASDA, The company is called WELLS, and it is called Banana Bread beer.

It is sold in pint bottles.

definatley worth buying a bottle before making some as I can imagine it may not be to everyones liking, but for me it is one of the best.

By the way it won best Beer of the Festival award at CAMRA's London Drinker Festival in March 2002

http://byo.com/recipe/285.html I suppose 5 lbs of bananas would qualify. I don't really like the banana notes produced by some yeasts, but banana bread is one of the few things I bother baking. Maybe I could put some of the holiday ale in a gallon fermenter with a couple?

1/2 pint spiced holiday ale
1 ripe banana

Blend

Pour in large stein. Top with more holiday ale. Stir gently.
Not bad on a cold, rainy afternoon!

Spiced ale blended with a banana, that sounds really good!

I would agree with trying to brew a batch with banana, i would go on the spiced ale side with it. Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, maybe even some vanilla?

With a little amarillo for aroma, maybe even some small dry hopping? Some steer away from any hops with spiced ales besides a little bittering but that sounds like it would blend smoothly! My mouth is watering. Or maybe that's from the red ale I'm brewing right now? :cross:

Well tonight is the night! Im going to brew a Banana Spice Ale. Or should I lager it? Hmmmm...thats a tough decision I need to make in the next 12 hours....any help. Let me know some ideas that I should try...sort of fool proof, nothing too crazy. Thanks fellas and ladies in advance!

Back