Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would be nice if the refs were not so biased toward the west team tonite. i mean how do you let pronger get away with a blatant x-check in the defensive zone and then call the guy he x-checked for goalie interference?

I sent SWMBO to bed with my ref complaints and rewinding the DVR repeatedly while watching the wings. Pronger's take down 5 feet from the ref really had me shaking my head with the way the officials were making calls.

Since I cant edit my own post, I want to add.....

They lose every god damn year, why I thought this would be different.....Very Disappointing...

I'd love to see a repeat of the 1992 finals. I don't think it'll be quite like that, but I'd like to see it.

Go PENS!!

Yeah, I want a Pens-Hawks series too. Not quite Lemieux-Stevens-Barasso vs. Roenick-Chelios-Belfour but it would still be good.

Hawks/Wings, Western Conference Finals. It doesn't get any better than that for this sport. This is gonna be an awesome series.

Youngest team in the league against the oldest. Amazing!

Hawks/Wings, Western Conference Finals. It doesn't get any better than that for this sport. This is gonna be an awesome series.

Youngest team in the league against the oldest. Amazing!

huh??/ who's the youngest? or do you mean average team age not franchise time?

ehhh who cares wings in 5!

Don't misunderestimate the boys from Raleigh. 6th seed knocked off #3 NJ & #1 Boston in Game 7 wins on the road

the problem is the east doesn't have a single team that can stand up to a team that has more than 1 line capable of scoring regularly. the only one with a chance of beating the west would be the pens and we all know how that turned out last year:D

that being said i didn't think the canes had what they needed to beat boston. of course the only reason they did beat them was cam ward's being a hot goalie right now.

Yeah, go WINGS! Chicago played well, but will need to play better if they want to compete. Fast game and fun to watch.

Bummer Boston bowed out last round. I was praying for a Boston/Detroit finals!

Hopefully the Pens will prevail in the east. Hurricanes... Ugh...

And how bout them playoff refs?? I know they call looser in the playoffs, but it's so hard to keep quiet on some of the obvious non-calls. Lots of hooks, holds, trips, X-checks not being called.

And how bout them playoff refs?? I know they call looser in the playoffs, but it's so hard to keep quiet on some of the obvious non-calls. Lots of hooks, holds, trips, X-checks not being called.

It's a product of the series itself. I think with the Ducks, they play a little rougher around the edges, ya know. It goads Detroit into things and the calls will go both ways.

It was refreshing to see a rather penalty-less game yesterday, with the exception of the broken stick across Drapes in the final minute.

It's a product of the series itself. I think with the Ducks, they play a little rougher around the edges, ya know. It goads Detroit into things and the calls will go both ways.

It was refreshing to see a rather penalty-less game yesterday, with the exception of the broken stick across Drapes in the final minute.

I agree. I like a good physical hockey game as much as the next guy, and even like a good scrum now and then. But it was nice to see some hard skating and focus on the gameplay rather than the goonishness of the last series.

I did not like the crosscheck on Draper, and little matter with less than 2 minutes left they call a double minor. Personally, I think that there is too little penalties being called after the goalie covers the puck. I think the defensive team gets too many free shots in the name of protecting the goalie. You see all kinds of cross checks and punches when that happens. They need to make sure the defense is protecting the goalie, not taking freebies on the guy just standing there.

No, it is how the job is done.

If you want to paint you pick up a brush an apply oil to canvas.

If you want to protect your goalie you pick up your stick and apply a whack to the ******* in the crease.

spoken like a true goon! otherwise known as a duck fan

wow pens up 2-0 ten minutes in

Latest posts

Back