Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrayton

Reaction score
So I brewed a Tripel a few days ago. My preboil volume and boil off were a bit off so I ended up with one extra gallon that I put in a one gallon carboy. I want to experiment with it. Looking for ideas. I have .25 oz of ultra that I was thinking about dry hopping with. Also considering adding honey. Just looking for suggestions.
Cheers

I'm not a huge fan of belgian IPAs (pending the hops used) and the honey you suggest would likely just ferment out completely and not be very noticeable.

I would add fruit - cherries or raspberry would be nice. maybe even a pomegranate if you can find one.

Dry hop it. Dry hopped tripels do really well. Would consider adding honey after high krausen if you want to retain more flavor. Just don't leave the hops in for too long or you'll only taste hops

One week in and the fermentation is still going nuts! First time I've had a primary fermentation this long and vigorous.

Back