SWMBO's Revenge Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that is cheap - I am looking at around AU$150 for just the pot.
I don't think frying turkeys is something that happens in Australia... nothing in e-bay at all for these :(

oh well, get paid 2mrw, will tell the wife that I need it to cook food for the new kidlet.

Did you notice the shipping of $40.11? Brings it to over $100.00.

Can't you find a local one for less than a hundred bones?

steve

30 dollars at wal-mart for a 30qt. stainless pot. Just look in the grill and turkey fryer area.

skou said:
Did you notice the shipping of $40.11? Brings it to over $100.00.

Can't you find a local one for less than a hundred bones?

steve

It was only $80 total shipped to me. That's much cheaper than anything else I could find online or at the local stores (Walmart, Dicks, Target, etc.)

tdavisii said:
And what kind of country doesnt fry turkeys??????

I was thinking the same thing. You could be a true hero in Austrailia by bringing the grand art of turkey frying to your country. I can see the history books now.

"Way back in 2007, all we aussie's could do is bake the turkey. Then a genius named Gibby33 came along and changed our way of life completely. Since he introduced us to the turkey fryer, we have now become the most powerful nation in the world. We have a colony of 1000 people living on Mars. We've completely eradicated the local dingo problem. And, we now live completely off homebrew and fried turkey. Thanks to Gibby33, we've become the best country in the universe!!!!"

Or something like that.

neckbone said:
I was thinking the same thing. You could be a true hero in Austrailia by bringing the grand art of turkey frying to your country. I can see the history books now.

"Way back in 2007, all we aussie's could do is bake the turkey. Then a genius named Gibby33 came along and changed our way of life completely. Since he introduced us to the turkey fryer, we have now become the most powerful nation in the world. We have a colony of 1000 people living on Mars. We've completely eradicated the local dingo problem. And, we now live completely off homebrew and fried turkey. Thanks to Gibby33, we've become the best country in the universe!!!!"

Or something like that.
Yeah, because introducing a new beast in Australia has never backfired. What'll really happen is that Americans will no longer be the fattest people on earth and deep fried baby croc will become all the rage.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I bought a turkey fryer in California and you can find them for cheap, but now I am living in the south and they don't have the cheap turkey fryers. BUT, they have the same thing or better(bigger) and they are for cooking crawfish. Maybe try some online stores for cajun or crawfish boilers. I have seen ones at the sporting goods stores down here that have to big burners and pots to match for ~$100.
just an example http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...ls/fryers&start=0&selectedSKU=0267-40037-0626

Did she throw away the whole frying rig or just the aluminum pot?

Have you checked out any online/local restaurant supply shops for large 5+ gallon stainless pots?

no sense in replacing the whole frying rig if you don't need to.

maybe I'm being captain obvious here.. but i thought i'd go ahead and put on my cape..

ws

waskelton4 said:
Did she throw away the whole frying rig or just the aluminum pot?

Have you checked out any online/local restaurant supply shops for large 5+ gallon stainless pots?

no sense in replacing the whole frying rig if you don't need to.

maybe I'm being captain obvious here.. but i thought i'd go ahead and put on my cape..

ws

Yeah, I looked around and to get a pot that big, I was looking at about $80 anyways. The wife just threw away the pot, but I figured for the same price as a pot, I get a bigger pot (34 quart), it's stainless, it's pre-drilled for a thermometer, and I get an extra burner for brewing.

Back