Tank Refills in Boston?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there fellow Bostonians. Since I am about to move to this fine city, I was wondering if any of you know where to get tank refills in Boston or Cambridge.

Hey JD, I live in Watertown. There's a welding supply store that fills tanks.
They are on grove street. PM and I can give you directions. It's pretty much right over the Cambridge line

There are various "Airgas" franchises all around the state. You should be able to find one near you. That's where I get my CO2. Note that they have a swap program though and they will not fill your tank while you wait. I think they send them out to have them refilled.

no experience yet (still waiting for my cornys to come in) but i've read that you can get a tank swapped out at blanchard's in allston or igo's welding over in watertown. Igo's Welding Supply - Home Page

I'll second Igo's. In and out in 5 minutes with the tank you brought in. $16 if I recall correctly and super nice people. Only draw back are the hours, which are 8-4.

just went today. like the previous post says, 5 minutes, $16 bucks for 5 pounds. nice!

I go to Modern Homebrew Emproium on Mass Ave. Its between Davis Square and Porter Square on the red line. They have a tank exchange were you bring an empty tank and they give you a full one for like $25. Its a little pricy, but definitely convenient. Good place to get ingredients too.

Back