Tap a draft or party star

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking at moving away from bottling at least somewhat, but not looking to fully invest in a kegging system (yet!).

I saw both the party star & tap a drafts and I'm wondering if people have positive experiences with them and if they'd recommend buying either as an intermediary to full on kegging?

Tried converting the Miller Lite version of this and to be honest with you, it didn't work out at all.i mean, it did, but it was very expensive for what you get, the carbonation was never right, the taps were hard to clean, and it takes up more real estate in your fridge than you think.

Take that money and invest in a full kegging setup. Intermediate steps such as this are throw away money - you can't use the equipment in your next upgrade. Buying the equipment to perform extract brewing is an example of a "good" intermediate step - all of that equipment you can use should you choose to start brewing all grain beers.

Latest posts

Back