Thanksgiving beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBeer

Reaction score
Hey All,

My wife and I are heading to the Central Coast for Thanksgiving with family and friends. I thought it would be cool to bring a small batch of some homebrew. The crowd will be a mix of some beer drinkers and some not big beer drinkers (a couple that are more wine drinkers than beer drinkers).

I was thinking either a Cal Common or a "Grand Cru" Belgian Trippel. I was thinking the Cal Common because, well...we'll be in California. My mother in law, that is primarily a wine drinker, loves BJ's Grand Cru.

I have never made either style. I've drank both, but never brewed either.

The big question I have...10/8 will be the earliest I have space available.

How am I on time?

I figure I will bottle and take them. I typically do 1.25g batches (I know, I know, I am looking at going bigger), so I am thinking 10-14 day ferment, then 3-4 weeks in the bottles.

I have a recipe for a Belgian Trippel that I think will work, but I am open to Cal Common recipes.

I was kinda thinking that a big beer like a trippel might not work with a quick turn around.

I have glanced at that thread for the blond. That might be a good brew...

Back