That smells GOOD!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeqmaster

Reaction score
So, I have been cracking open my first batch and am very happy with the results! It has turned out to be a delicious Pale Ale. I was so surprised at how much it cleared up in the bottles and really turned into a great brew. It has a very nice head and tastes absolutley amazing! anyways, about the title of the post;
I opened up a bottle with a bud of mine after chilling it in the fridge for a few hours. As soon as I opened it, it released a very sweet smell that both my friend and I recognized as vanilla and choclate. It smelled absolutley amazing!!! Definatley very vanilla like. Another friend described it as carmel-like which I agree with as well. I was thinking that maybe during the fermentation the wort releases gases and they carry these certain smells? The malted grains are probably what is accountable for the smells? Anybody experienced this as well? Any explanations for this? Thanks.

i think the the aroma is part of the grains, and mosty hopps. i have experienced the carmel like taste with my alt-beir. congrats on a well-brewed batch, & keep the fermenter full.

Latest posts

Back