The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]I know from your posts all of your vacations are better than mine, I have not had one since '99. I doubt all my generators cost me as much as one of 'trippers annual forays to tropical islands, not to mention the second home & tish. {;

Ummm..."Thought and prayers?" :drunk:

btw, you totally got the responses completely wrong and stepped in front of friendly fire aimed at Paulie.
A rather spectacular miscomprehension, but there you are...

Cheers!

Ahhhhh. Blessed day off. I almost got out of bed when Mrs Nurse, herself another Nurse Practitioner put on the coffee but I rolled over and went back to sleep. Glorious. Back to it tomorrow.

FWIW, I’m seeing a leveling out locally in the number of positive tests I’m getting back. Last week I was getting more positives but for the most part they were asymptomatic. This week I’m seeing less positives but they’re sick and symptomatic. Don’t know if that means anything.

Your small sample size, back of the envelope, gut feeling epidemiological results may vary

I really hope these “Social Distancing” rules are relaxed in time for Masstoberfest.

It will be great if none of you *****ebags show up because I don’t invite you, not because Charlie Baker says you can’t Come.

Has anyone here been infected, or does anyone personally know someone infected? I've been asked this question a few times, and I've asked a few people this question. My answer is no, and those that I've asked say no. Some have said that a friend or relative knows someone who knows someone that's been infected, but no one knows someone personally.

Friend in upstate NY spent 4 weeks in the hospital, 2 on a vent. He's home now and doing better.

But we are in a very high risk of exposure group (airline pilots)

That's the silver ring, and I'd be happy with it.
The gold ring would be only finding out one had it due to a positive antibody test some time post-resolution.
I'd like that one even more :)

It seems a few of my customers are infected, don't think they are here though.

Who would know though? the local hospital is hording the tests for their staff & first responders only, not even testing people who present symptoms until they get pretty bad. I heard they had a fair amount of tests from insider, wondering if it is a Partners in Wealth money saving strategy.

Today I got some simulated symptoms from isocyantes, collateral damage from pandemic since I could not buy new paint respirator cartridges of any brand. Thought I might get by with some lightly used ones I had, smelled the Centari 3/4 of the way through. Does not feel good.

Has anyone here been infected, or does anyone personally know someone infected? I've been asked this question a few times, and I've asked a few people this question. My answer is no, and those that I've asked say no. Some have said that a friend or relative knows someone who knows someone that's been infected, but no one knows someone personally.
My bosses best friend passed away yesterday from covid 19.It's lethal for some and benign for others.Very strange.

It is very strange indeed. And the notion that there is a big chunk of the population (like 20%?) that somehow are carrying C19 antibodies without ever experiencing symptoms is even weirder.

Frankly I'm beginning to doubt the ability of some of these tests to keep the false-positives to a minimum; they easily could be pattern matching an RNA sequence that is shared with other strains...

Jeeze, dude, isocyanates are nasty. Take care of yourself and don't become collateral damage :drunk:

Thanks 'tripper, not using any high voc or toxic spray products until breathing protection available again. Truck was prepped and masked for two weeks, first good paint day in a while. If I'd known how it was going to go, would have put it off, but never happened before since I normally use new cartridges (now I know why, lol).

As for the silver ring you mentioned, I'd prefer to skip as the long term implications and immunity status apparently still not known.

Yeah Tipsy, I have a feeling most of us will at least "know someone" before this has mitigated.

I'm drinking a lovely & clear pre prohibition lager, had a good dinner, no complaints. Hope you all have similar good fortune.

So there are a few people who know someone. But nobody here has tested positive?

I usually don't watch the news. But I did the other day, and they made it sound like everyone in the world is infected.

What is it with the paper products? The stores around here have nothing but empty shelves where the toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, and even paper plates were.

A friend’s husband when to emergency department was sent home with bilateral pneumonia, was nearly recovered when he heard he was positive for Covid19, then my friend was very sick. They have their adult child and grand baby living with them. Everyone is apparently healthy now no one was admitted.

IMG_20200329_193839709_HDR.jpg

Just testing...

Waddaya mean you can't cheat on your taxes? Have I been doing something wrong?
I'll accept that I'm reasonably sane, but I kinda wonder about Hoppy. Have you seen her Viking hat? She's probably one of those Renaissance re-enactors or something.
LOL, PTN wasn’t referring to me, but now I know how you really think...o_O;)

I've had it 3 times already and I'm just fine. Most of us have, it doesn't affect everyone the same. Meanwhile we've been "socially distanced" in Korea since January and I'm tired of listening to the US moan about it, but at the same time, I fully support the "I know my rights" and don't tread on me crowd. Start the boogaloo. Seriously though, we didn't have any shortages until y'all idiots started panic buying ****. Maybe now everyone will get their end of the world caches in order like they should have been awhile ago.

I personally wasn't infected. However, my brother-in-law's brother was - he spent 3-ish weeks in the hospital, including full respirator. Fortunately for him, he's making a slow recovery, I think he's in a rehab facility now. His wife was also infected, though she was much less affected. She only spent a day or 2 in the hospital, and was released straight home. My brother-in-law was in self-quarantine - he had several symptoms, but his test came back negative. Of course, they concentrated on the "false negative" possibility, so he was in his basement for 5 weeks or so, only emerging the other day.
My wife, though works for an independent living facility for seniors. They're been relatively lucky, compared to nursing homes and such, they've had 4 cases, one has passed away. IN a way that does hit home, since we joke that our kid has 180 honorary grandparents.

I've had it 3 times already and I'm just fine. Most of us have, it doesn't affect everyone the same.

With all due respect, I’m calling bullsh!t. You’ve had SAR COV-2 three times? You’ve got you’re own personal Terminator virus that keeps mutating on the fly and re-attacking you?

There are two main strains of the virus in this country, one more centered in the east, the other more centered in the west. Not only have you had and recovered from both of those, you’re claiming to have grown a third strain and managed to beat that?

Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s Immunityman!!!!

Hell, I’ll buy your plane ticket to the CDC myself! You’re going to save the world.

Thoughts and prayers to said staff. As always :D

How are things looking from your professional perspective these days?
I'm concerned "the curve" is taking its sweet ass time turning in the right direction. Who the hell is keeping the curve up there?
Seems like we've been stuck on "doubling every two weeks" since the freakin' Biogen fiasco...

Cheers! (stay as safe as you can, Paul)

Hard to tell about volumes the way the weather has been. Monday was a monsoon, saw maybe 20 people in 12 hours. Tuesday was the first really nice day of the string and I got hammered, saw over 50. Yesterday was even nicer and it was quiet, I saw less than 15 in six hours. Looks like rain again today, who knows what that means.
Still getting about 15 - 20% positives. I’m interested to see what happens when the contact tracing people get going. That should spur a lot of tests.

Are the tests still rare and hard to get, rationed to the point of denying symptomatic patients? Local hospital claims so(Partners affiliate), only about 360 tested, around 20 positive, (almost all originating from off island, yes that part is privileged info but I know someone) here with population rising every day as the rich & semi rich come to shelter here.

Maybe they are keeping numbers low, ala Amity Island. That part about the movie is true, rosy picture, some serious crimes kept from news, etc. Don't want to scare away the 'ristas (except that we do).

There’s a place in the town I live in that’s testing for antibodies. I’m thinking of getting tested. I rarely get sick, but I had what I thought was the flu back in late January, early February. It didn’t slow me down much, but I had a cough, and my muscles ached for a couple weeks.

So does the nose stick up your nose cause bleeding that they then test?

OH! New conspiracy theory-you heard it here first! The nose swabs are actually government sponsored chemical lobotomies! Tracked by the vapor trails!

[Legal disclaimer: For those offended by my sarcastic remarks at your passionately held batcrapcrazy theories based on speculative innuendo and malcontent gastric anomalies, tough]

In all honesty, the nasal swabs rarely cause bleeding. I think I've had one minor nosebleed out of hundreds. Tears? Different story. As someone taught me decades ago, when you're doing a nasal swab you should think if it as doing a pituitary gland biopsy. It's about a six inch swab and four inches or so go all the way back into your maxillary sinuses.

Funny story. I did a test on a woman a couple of weeks ago and when I took the swab out she kind of gasped and said "OMG, I've never had anything that far inside me." Half a second later she realized what she said, started laughing, turned beet red and said, "I can't believe I said that." I said, " "That's OK, I'm Irish, I can't believe I heard that." The two of us were laughing like fools for the next five minutes.

Back