The Return of Cap'n Jewbeard!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
"The autumn wind's a pirate,
Blustering in from sea;
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boist'rously."

Ahoooooooooy brethren and sistren of the beer-drinkin' coast!

It has been indeed a long exile, but now I am returned to you once more!

In the time since I'd gone away, I've married the comely lass who I was dating (so she is now Mrs. Jewbeard!), and I now work in a real office job (rather than the university stipend-earning research-assistant sinecure I had before).

So I guess I've grown up a bit... but not really.

My brewing operation is much tinier now, alas, as I've moved digs from the spacious townhouse I shared with 2 other folks to a 2-br apt with SWMBO. So I'm probably a one-batch-at-a-time pirate for the foreseeable future... but that just means they've got to be that much better, right?

Anyway - to beer! To pirates! To wives and sweethearts, and may they never meet!

beer-pirate.jpg

About time you get back to your roots

What areyou brewing this weekend ?

-Jason

Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to see the old faces, and the new!

This weekend I'm out of commission, for the Jewish holiday, so I'm doing a mid-week brew. In the next couple of days, I'm going to go try the pumpkin/sweet-potato dubbel, and hope like hell it turns out.

Dei Gratia Thanksgiving Dubbel - looking for comments

Go to "bee" back, John! And Paul, I like my old avi too, but I figure it's time to do a better job of branding the whole pirate thing.

Latest posts

Back