The San Diego area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They stop being mules...

My wife picks up allotments - and drinks all of them. So when you think you have 12 bottles - no, no - you have 6.

I finally weaned her off sours and back onto IPA's, and refuse to feed her any of my BA ****. One of the hoppy birthday growlers is for her (we'll split it). As long as it works for now.

Split a HB growler? The whole point of HB is to solo dome it....

Admittedly I shared last night too...

rvr1.jpg

...I'm working on one right now while she naps.

I like the way you split. I can't do anything so obvious, I just drink faster than she does, and offer her a top off when I refill my glass.

Maybe I'm crazy but I love that my fiancee is into beer. It's only frustrating to me when I want to drink and she doesn't, so I have to hit the kegerator instead of a nice bottle.

Maybe I'm crazy but I love that my fiancee is into beer. It's only frustrating to me when I want to drink and she doesn't, so I have to hit the kegerator instead of a nice bottle.

I have a nice balance. She's into it enough that she's more than willing to come to releases if it fits her schedule, she's always down to detour by breweries when we're visiting her family in SD, and she doesn't really track my beer purchases (trade off, I warn her about any big ones and we "discuss" it).

At the same time, she's perfectly content so long as I keep some fresh IPAs and the occasional serendipity in the beer fridge, and doesn't much appreciate some of the Bruery's less attenuated BA beers.

I love being able to share the majority of my hobby with her without having to split it.

Yes, I'm certain that will change down the road, but until then I'm thankful for what it is.

Buy your wives a new car every 2 or 3 years. Spend 1000s on beer without a word from her.

When my beer purchase exceeds the cost of her engagement ring it will be time for moar jewelry. But my wife tears cars appart, your plan may be better.

BTW: Zero people in the brewery, Great still online. No one's panties should be twisted now.....

If its still up tomorrow, may make one more trip. Can't have these brewery specific growlers going to waste.

I'm ok with the Hype Train staying in the station when it comes to Societe
I think that train has seriously left the station. Or maybe only people in CA know? But one of the reasons I love the Bistro IPA fests so much is that it's one of the only times I get Societe. (Although there are rumors that a new bar in Oakland literally 2 blocks away from me will start getting them because they know the brewers. If so then I am just like poppinboners.gif.)

I think that train has seriously left the station. Or maybe only people in CA know? But one of the reasons I love the Bistro IPA fests so much is that it's one of the only times I get Societe. (Although there are rumors that a new bar in Oakland literally 2 blocks away from me will start getting them because they know the brewers. If so then I am just like poppinboners.gif.)
Wouldn't surprise me, Travis (one of the owners) used to work for Russian River

Wouldn't surprise me, Travis (one of the owners) used to work for Russian River
They're supposed to be getting SARA too. If it all pans out this place will be one of the better bars in the Bay Area, and it's a 5 minute walk for me. Really hoping it all comes together.

Won't abuse Reuben Karma for personal profit, is opposite of advocacy. Did greet Steve by name and shake hands, he called me the Reuben Advocate. Feltgoodman. May bug Gene for one last name change, too pretentious?
I started a forum back before this site existed called Reuben advocate. I see no problem with it

wife veto'd alpine tomorrow, said she'd rather tick a new brewery. Mixed feels.

Will hit super reuben tomorrow on way up north, hopefully noon to 1ish. 1v1willwreku will that kill your gainz for the week? moonsovermyhammy may be down.

Back