The WIKI has really become quite impressive...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are lots of articles that need content, proof-reading and updating. The more people that help out the better it will get! Visit the community portal (on the side navigation menu) to see things that need work or just starting writing your own articles.

There is a large list of article stubs right now that have no content at all.

I think we have the best home brewing wiki going right now but it can always get better.

I'm one of those writerly types... so I'd be happy to help with some editing/proof reading when I have the time.

How would I go about doing that?

It's pretty simple, you need to sign up for an account (link is in the top right corner on any page of the wiki). On every page is also an edit button. Hit edit (either on the whole page or on the particular section) and make any changes you want. Click preview (as many times as you need to) to make sure you're happy, then click save.

There is a sandbox page available if you want to play around before changing actual articles, but I would just dive in. :)

Cool.. thanks brad!

I'll sign up for an account and pitch in when I'm able. It's a great resource :D

Actually, I can help with that too considering my education and work background.

So, how do we let others know what had been proofed and edited?

Each article contains a history of all the edits. Also there is the recent changes page which provides an overall view. There is also a discussion page on every article.

If you use the 'articles that need content' list on the community portal, removing the {{articleStub}} template from the text removes it from the list automatically.

Other than that you don't really need to let anyone know, the content speaks for itself. :)

While we're on the subject I know you use the [[ ]] to link, but how the heck do you find the name of something? F'instance I was expounding on one of the topics today and tried to link [[Doppelbock]], but it isn't defined as such....I found it in some subsector under the categories...do I need to link the whole thing that shows up in the heading: === 5C. Doppelbock === or can it be aliased?

Oh plus, I tried adding some information on Special B but clicking the edit only brings up the header. Is there a root section?

zoebisch01 said:
While we're on the subject I know you use the [[ ]] to link, but how the heck do you find the name of something? F'instance I was expounding on one of the topics today and tried to link [[Doppelbock]], but it isn't defined as such....I found it in some subsector under the categories...do I need to link the whole thing that shows up in the heading: === 5C. Doppelbock === or can it be aliased?

You can link to a section within an article using [[target article#target section|link text]]. Just make sure you get the section name the same as what is inside the == == on the target article.

zoebisch01 said:
Oh plus, I tried adding some information on Special B but clicking the edit only brings up the header. Is there a root section?

Sounds like you may have clicked the edit link for the malt header template. You probably want to click the main edit button at the very top of the page.

bradsul said:
Sounds like you may have clicked the edit link for the malt header template. You probably want to click the main edit button at the very top of the page.

Ahh I found the tab. Lol. Right out in the open.

Back