Titan IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stever

Reaction score
Anyone know if Titan IPA is in any of the clone brew books? I can't find anything about a recipe online but I did find something with google where a guy claims that it uses Simcoe, Amarillo, and Columbus which minus the Columbus are similar hops to Dogfish Head 60 IPA.

Also how close are Titan IPA and DFH 60? I haven't tasted the DFH so I can't compare.

I would love to see a Titan clone. I haven't been able to find much and I've even tried emailing the brewery, but they wouldn't disclose anything to me.

yup, I emailed them and got the same response. I am eager to see how my DFH 60 turns out and if it is even remotely close.

I had the 60 recently from a bottle and had some Titan on tap at the brewery back in early Dec, so it's kinda hard for me to compare them since there was such a big gap between them, but the Titan seemed to be a bit more hoppy, can't really remember much about the malt side. I liked Titan better.

Hopefully someone can help you/us out.

SW Brewer said:
I found the DFH 60 to be grapefruity and the Titan to be a standard IPA. Are you guys thinking the same thing?

I didn't think the Titan was standard with all the pine flavor and aroma I got. I really find it quite unique. To me Bridgeport IPA or our local Schlafy Dry Hopped APA is what I consider the typical IPA.

Back