Twenty One days of Temperance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
My wife is doing a three week cleanse and I decided to give up alcohol for three weeks. As of June 1st I'm on my anti-bender. The only alcohol I have had are samples from my fermentation vessels while racking beer.
Only nine days of abstinence left !:ban:
I'm still brewing my tail off to reach maximum capapcity in the brewery.

Very cool (the lots and lots of brewing)(not the abstinance). I have done this on occation, just stopped drinking for a week or two. Its amazing how much weight you can lose when you dont drink 2-3pints a day lol

Good for you! My wife and I have cut back on beer consumption to help get back in shape but we haven't stopped drinking completely. We were recently on vacation and drank a lot! I find that I sleep better and remember my dreams more clearly if I don't drink.

Presently I have 10 gallons in primary, ~20 gallons in secondary, and almost 1BBL on tap (6 cornies). 10 more gallons of pilz to be brewed this weekend.
I think I have a brewing problem.
I'm also on my bicycle now 75-100 miles a week now. I'm definitely sleeping better!

6/21/08

ghost23.jpg

That's because when you drink, you are living the dream.

:mug:

With the stress of my job hitting me ten-fold in the last 2 weeks, it's become a visious cycle. I think I've done really well with not drinking as much as i would have imagioned, because it just adds to my stress. My last 12 pack I bought has lasted me 8 days and I still 2-3 left. I'm proud of myself:D

I don't know whether or not to alcohol-fast leading up to NHBC or to prime leading up to it. Either way, it's going to be crazy.

Glibiddy - I admire your willpower! I know that I *could* make it that long without beer, but thankfully I don't have to!

Chef - I'd go with the 'prime leading up to it' option. I'm expecting to have to exert a great deal of moderation on club night so that I'm not serving beers whilst falling over. :D

Lunch on Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least!

The funniest part about that is Ray asked me represent his bewery at a beer festival in Greenfield on the 21st!
I have already agreed to be the deisgnated driver, so I'll plan on taking it easy unitl I get home.;)

Dammit, how did I miss that! That's a romantic way for the wife and I to celebrate our 5th anniversary, isn't it? **** the Vietnamese food, let's go get drunk on McNeill's!

Back