Urge to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? I wasn't planning on brewing at all this weekend when suddenly the urge hit me like a ton of bricks.

I stopped off at the grocery store yesterday to pick up my top-off water for my brew and 5 gallons of apple juice for making cider (the woman at the checkout looked at me kind of funny since I had 10 1/2 gallon bottles of juice and 3 gallons of water).
I'm making my starter tonight and tomorrow I'm going to the lhbs for my grains.

Then this weekend - I'm brewing brewing brewing :tank:

It hit me very suddenly today- so I'm brewing! I racked my AB clone so I have the yeast cake to use and I'm making an ESB. This morning I woke up and thought to myself- I should brew! I'm starting the boil now, and it smells so good in here!

It smacks me in the face all the time. For now I have it under control, as I order all my grain a recipe at a time from AHS.

Once I get a mill and grain in bulk, however, I'm afraid that I will not be able to resist the temptation to brew much more than I need to.

I'm right there with you. I haven't brewed in 3 weeks and I'm dying to. My problem is my fermentation chiller only holds 2 fermenters so I'm out of luck until I bottle or keg something. :(

Ive got the grains, Ive got the hops, and Ive got the time to do a 10gal batch of a pale ale.... I just don't have the open fermenters.... I have to keep one of them open for doing the 08-08-08 with Lil' Sparky.... Man what I really want for Christmas are a couple conicals and a way to do temp controlled fermentations....

it's the worse when you can't brew and want to because you aren't home!

98EXL said:
it's the worse when you can't brew and want to because you aren't home!
Mini jugs of Apfelwein in your hotel room? :)

I had a weird urge to brew last Thursday. The snow was coming down like crazy outside, I found a Scottish ale kit (extract) I had forgotten about, so I made it inside where it was warm.

Back