WARNING: Don't use a gun to install your satallite dish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be a rash of instances lately where people are using guns as tools. Check this one out.

The instances rdwj mentioned made people in the office laugh, but in reality it's pretty damn sad that someone had to die due to the complete stupidity of her husband.

In these cases im glad im not a DA I dont know if I could press charges on a man that accidentally shot his wife, But I could press charges on unlwaful use of a firearm.

HOLD ON!

Who's to say the gun wasn't an adequate tool for making the hole in the wall? It appears to have been a perfect tool for the job, as there is definitely a hole in the wall.

The real issue here is the wife not observing proper safety procedures. What if she had been standing behind a table saw when a board got chucked across the room, as sometimes happens, and it hit her in the head and killed her? Would he be charged with manslaughter because she chose to stand in the wrong place and was injured for her carelessness?

This hatred of guns has to stop. They are just tools.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

PeteOz77 said:
This hatred of guns has to stop. They are just tools.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

I was with you 100% until you said you were being sarcastic. Yes guns are just tools, and just like any tool, when you put them in the hands of an idiot.....

deathweed said:
Yes guns are just tools, and just like any tool, when you put them in the hands of an idiot.....

That pretty much sums it up. He never heard of using the right tool for the job? Idiot.........

Bernie Brewer said:
That pretty much sums it up. He never heard of using the right tool for the job? Idiot.........

Yeah, everyone knows that you use a .45 for satelite installation. .22's are for phone lines!

:cross:

Spyk'd said:
Yeah, everyone knows that you use a .45 for satelite installation. .22's are for phone lines!

:cross:

Just finished installing my cable.... Had to use a 300 WInchester Magnum wwith 110gran bullet.

I live in a brick house ;)

html034 said:
anyone else think that this might not be due to stupidity?

Well it said the second shot got the wife, so it probably is due to stupidity:

*First shot*
Man: "did that come out the right place honey?"
Wife: "No, a little to the left."
*second shot*........

PeteOz77 said:
20 Gauge Slug should do the trick... unless you live in a brick house

depends on whether you're using 1/2" or 3/8".

Back