Welcome Back Kotter.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andylegate

Reaction score
This is to Truble and the other guys I was chatting with on the thread that Dude had to close.

Yah, yah, yah! Okay So I hit 40 next month! :(

Actually I DO remember Welcome Back Kotter when I was a kid. Just don't keep small details like Epstien in my head! :D

Actually remembering old TV shows doesn't make me feel old. Here is what does:

Turning 40 next month.
My oldest daughter just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.
My next oldest daughter turns 19 next week.
My oldest daughter will be getting married next May.
My oldest daughter is having a baby girl this December making me......GRANDPA!

Whew! So much in just a few months will make anyone feel old! :p

Guess I'll have some homebrews this afternoon and chill on the porch rocking chair! :D

andylegate said:
Guess I'll have some homebrews this afternoon and chill on the porch rocking chair! :D

You realize that you are obligated to yell at the neighborhood kids and tell them to keep off your lawn, right?

I can't wait until I am a grandpa, because I'll get to say things like "Back in '95..." and it'll sound like it was ages ago.

-walker

LOL!

What are ya takin' about?? I still have kids at HOME to yell at! :D

Actually, we live out here in the woods, and the neighborhood kids are far, far away. Mostly I have to yell at stray cats, dogs and squirrels! :p

Walker-san said:
You realize that you are obligated to yell at the neighborhood kids and tell them to keep off your lawn, right?

I can't wait until I am a grandpa, because I'll get to say things like "Back in '95..." and it'll sound like it was ages ago.

-walker

Thats sort of the reason I think I am really enjoying being in my middle 30's (36 ATM). I'm still young enuff to tell the old timers (late 50s) I was in 2nd grade when they started the job and young enuff to ask the FNG (F'ing New Guy, usually 18 - 20) if their Mom is hot

Pumbaa said:
Thats sort of the reason I think I am really enjoying being in my middle 30's (36 ATM). I'm still young enuff to tell the old timers (late 50s) I was in 2nd grade when they started the job and young enuff to ask the FNG (F'ing New Guy, usually 18 - 20) if their Mom is hot

:D And I like telling guys in their 30's; "Just wait, yer gonna start feeling old any minute now!" Got a guy at work like that. He used to be the baby of the group, now his hair is falling out (thank god mines just turning grey!!!!!!), he get's aches he didn't used to have, feels more tired, etc, etc! :D

Walker-san said:

-walker

I'm going to make a point of starting as many stories as I can with "back in ought one...." just because it sounds cool. Imagine that in an old codgery voice.

How about stories about how you survived the Great Y2K scare, or regaling all with anecdotes about modems and floppy disks

Back