What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not drinking a lot of beer lately, but its Friday. What the Hell? Having a Coffee Bender from Surly Brewing. Solid punch of coffee, bitterness builds in the finish. I believe this was a gift from @Hello
...thanks!!!

LOL that was likely a gift from a long while ago! But honestly, I don't recall.

On topic: water

That's a cool picture too. I used shutterfly, only the next size up from 8x10. 14xsomething? Turned out nice.

Mermaids? Guess it's time to go back. :)

Go early lol. The exhibit opens at 1030, everybody made a rush there as the building opened to minimize their edit time. We only waited about half an hour

Go early lol. The exhibit opens at 1030, everybody made a rush there as the building opened to minimize their edit time. We only waited about half an hour

I don't have a daughter so how weird will it look when I'm standing in front of the exhibit by myself for a picture?

LOL that was likely a gift from a long while ago! But honestly, I don't recall.

On topic: water

Like I said, I've cut back on volume and frequency (due to expansion and age of the structure)...it's the hoppy ones that suffer.

Kombucha w/blackberry lemonade squirt.

I had a few last night, starting with this little gem - I am a huge comic book nerd/geek, so this caught my eye right away. It's actually a really, really good IPA!
vRwUEBd.jpg

While SN makes good beers, I don't find many of their "specials" to be all that special. This was good, but not great, and not worth the extra over what two of their regular beers would have cost.
piym4vV.jpg

Finally, I ended the night with my last Irish Red, an extract & specialty grains brew I made back in August.
fgVBxtM.jpg

I thought this pic would show the crystal-clarity of this beer. I was wrong...
Ww9wFEs.jpg

It really is gorgeously clear, and I only cold-crash, no finings.

Summit Saga waiting to go to a friend's kids birthday party because his kid invited my kid.

So it begins. Yay me.

Summit Saga waiting to go to a friend's kids birthday party because his kid invited my kid.

So it begins. Yay me.

Last kids bd party I went to, they started the party with a consecration and a heady. Why don't you lead the charge.

View attachment 314442
I want to get this one blown up and printed. Who did you use?

OT: ice water waiting for the games to start

That is a great pic

Jeezaws ... :eek: ... beer.

It was delicious.

So. Brewing happened today though decided to be difficult. 10 gallons of rye pale ale.
Cooked up some ABT's and a 9 pound brisket. Not bad for the first time smoking both.
View attachment 1446931199030.jpg
View attachment 1446931209443.jpg

And drank these while brewing.
View attachment 1446931275602.jpg

Attachments

• 1446931271487.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 42
DAB Dortumunder Export with a stogie. Brewing up a Dark English Mild. 50F and raining with the garage door half open. Lovely!

Back