What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gravity sample from a light lager-like ale that's on it's way to the keg. Mostly Munich base malt and lightly hopped with Calypso. It shows promise going by the sample, and may make an appearance in the recipe section.

IMG-498c9e72c4ee67096c4499f3ba78daf4-V.jpg

The gravity sample from a light lager-like ale that's on it's way to the keg. Mostly Munich base malt and lightly hopped with Calypso. It shows promise going by the sample, and may make an appearance in the recipe section.

View attachment 677881

Color looks great and I would bet it's a great tasting beer when it's done. If you were my neighbor I would help you "test" it.

Couple Dudes heard there might be medicines for this chit. Getting a little too close. Dumped the blueberry.
Don’t think so. One report today showed no improvement in fatalities and slight improvement in overall length of sickness. Which is good, but not terribly impressive.

Westvleteren XII is an authentic Trappist beer, available only at the St. Sixtus Abbey. SRM is 33. Too dark by 2015 BJCP guidelines (12-22). So I guess it's not authentic? I would also point out that quad or quadrupel is an American term, not Belgian. Belgian dark strong ale is determined by the brewers, not the BJCP. Westy XII has been brewed far longer than BJCP has been around. Some Belgian "quads" are lighter, and some are darker. Live with it.

I think it’s important to note that a style having been around for much longer than BJCP only solidifies their classification of the style.

Sure, the brewer determines the recipe, but if we are to follow guidelines for styles, then what guidelines do we follow? Some imaginary ones or the ones that the professionals determine?

If you make a Pilsner, what makes it a Pilsner? How do you know it’s a Pilsner without some guidelines telling you what it should be like? Comparing to another style or a definition of style?

I’m a bottler. It’s a bit over carbonated but it makes it nice and dry and super drinkable

juice.
View attachment 677933

Copy that.

I wouldn’t say over carbed at all...it’s hard to get those perfect bubbles (not just your initial head) in an oatmeal. I’d love to try man.

You ever do Fellowship on the Homebrew?

Back