What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st Helles attempt. Appears to use a very soft water profile which works well with RO water. Had SoCo add 8oz of corn just for fun...is it no longer a Helles??

Texas Pils

PXL_20230411_200115440.PORTRAIT.jpg

On the 6th day of my Easter Vacation, I woke up. Then I took the kids to school. Then I worked on the projects that didn't get done for work during the regular work days. Then I thought, "Well, FML. This is vacation." And I opened up a HB Barley Wine from 2019. (apologies to Cheech & Chong)

It is really caramel flavor (almost butterscotch?), as it was supposed to be a British-style, lower on hops. Has a nice lemon flavor to go help cut the sweet, but this is definitely a wintry fireplace beer. Other than being a little wobbly, you'd never know it was 13.9%.
IMG_4220.JPG

Had dinner at a place called The Divide. It’s about 5 minutes from our house. Good food and lots of local craft beers on tap. I had a Blonde Ale from Canyon Creek Brewing. Didn’t take a pic. It was blonde, use your imagination. I‘d never looked at their cocktail menu. While waiting for dinner I spent a little time looking at what they recommended. Anyone else think the “White Girl Wasted” probably wouldn’t be at the top of anyone’s favorite cocktail list? :cool:
425D227F-5A77-441C-9712-F276608B1D80.jpeg

Triple farmer from Fiden’s - 10 % - Citra mosaic Galaxy Nelson. This batch was brewered in honor of the farmer who takes their spent grains. Unfortunately his barn caught fire and he lost some animals and equipment. Proceeds will help offset some cost for him
5DF0A2D6-DE93-4ED3-88CB-572548794F86.jpeg

Back