What do I do now???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronster

Reaction score
Last weekend I started a batch of Raspberry Weisen and he reciept called for adding the berries to the wort when the boil was finished and letting them steep for 15 minutes. I wanted to add them to the 2ndary and let it really get to the beer instead so I held off for the time being.

I had good action the first 24 hours, but now I got nothing. I thought about adding the raspberries early to see if the sugar will stir up the yeast, what do you guys think? Will I need to repitch a new yeast if I go this route? I've had no action for almost 48 hours.

RDWHAHB...

Wait another day or so and check the gravity. If it hasn't changed enough then try shaking it, raising the temp or repitching, but chances are you had a really vigorous fermentation and now the yeast are moving on to other tasks.

I've had so many beers ferment within the first 2 days and they turned out great.

However, a gravity reading will be the best way to figure it.

PS, I always add fruit to the secondary, sounds like a good plan to me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to head to the LHB store, I broke my hydomoter on brewing day (dropped it in the sink)...

For what its worth, I am using the WB-06 yeast.

Yep, just let it ride. I haven't been doing this long, but learned very quickly that apparent fermentation, via airlock activity, meant nothing and many of my beers seemed to have settled after only a couple of days, but I just left them in the fermenter and walked away for at least three weeks. So far, they've all been quaffable at their worst and delicious at their best.

Latest posts

Back