What Should I Make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big "A"

Reaction score
I put this in the recipe database by mistake, Oooops!
Well here it goes.......

I have 15lbs of honey. I already have the yeast nutrient.
I wanna get a Mead going Tomorrow or maybe Tuesday. Who has a really good recipe for me? This will also be my first time making mead I actually have not tried any store bought. With all that I have read here I don't think I want to!!!!

So I am up for any suggestions. I have made Ed wort Apfelwien and it's mighty fine I actually have 8L that I am aging!!!

I got off topic!! Post it up and I will try it!!
Much Thanks!:mug:

Don't have enough experience to have a favorite recipe but:

You can just use your honey to make a traditional mead. Then once primary fermentation is complete you can add your spices and/or fruit to it to make what ever you want.

I have done a cyser, a traditional mead, a spiced mead, Joe's Grape mead, and most recently a Pinot Noir Pymet. All are young but so far I like the cyser best. I think the pymet has alot of promise.

Good luck.

Craig

With 15 #'s, you can go a lot of different ways. You can make 5 batches of 3# per gallon of water...That's where I start.

Definitely try a JOAM...and since you have so many options, get Malkors version going too. This will help you learn the difference yeast and a few other factors play into your finished product.

I made a Plain... (although at racking it is 10x better than the 1 bottle of store bought that I tried) mead. 3# honey, mixed with warm water, wine yeast and nutrient in a gallon milk jug...Wish I would have had glass.

These 3 options will give you a good idea of what you like...then you can go from there. Maybe make 2 batches of the plain, then when you rack you could add some spices to one, or even add fruit.

The possibility for mead is limited only by SWMBO.

Back