What to do after keg fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFinn

Reaction score
I realize this is a n00b question, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to search for to find the answer.

I'm new to PicoBrew. Let's say I brew a recipe that has you pitching the yeast and fermenting at a certain temp for 10 days in the keg.

My n00b question is, what do I do after that?

Do I have to rack to a clean keg to serve? Can i put the clean keg straight in the kegerator after fermentation is over and start drinking, or does it need to age/condition further (assuming the recipe doesn't specifically call for anything after fermentation)?

OR can I just put the fermentation keg in the kegerator after fermentation is over, and start drinking immediately?

Can someone point me to video resources on what to do after keg fermentation is over?

Thanks in advance!

Not a Pico guy but have fermented in a Keg. Test to see if Fermentation is over (SG stays steady). You then need to rack to a new keg. Make sure you get a clean flow before transferring. we have a waste keg to do that. The new keg should be clean and filled with CO2. We use a black to black (Out to Out) to transfer. We put a Grey In on the New Keg with a hose into star san to bubble. Be careful when plugging on the grey to the new keg. Do Not have the hose in the star san or you will get wet! Low psi (2 to 3 works. Try to transfer from the fermentor Keg without moving it. Lots of debris on the bottom. After transferring, immediately fill your fermentor keg with water all the way to the top. Let it soak. We use an oxyclean clone and soak for a couple of days before cleaning.

Back