What's your user name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special with mine.
It was a strange magazine I stumbled upon one drunken evening.
Though it was "A Modern Drunkard", I added the "Eh" since I now reside in Canada....in an igloo...with my dogsled..uphill both ways from anything..
Not sure if it's still in print, but worth a look if it is. It's not for any of you classy folk, it's for myself and anyone else that puts the @$$ in class. Had a great piece about hammered sign language. I still use some of it today hahaha

Back in the 80's, there was a comedian named Bob Nelson who did a routine where he goofed on football players. One of the characters he did claimed to have been injured in a game, resulting in him becoming "dain bramaged".

Now I want to change my name to Eppy Epperman.

:)

Mine is the same. Snake Ridge is a place in my mind. I used to keep a log of campsites that I slept at when I hiked a whole lot. Sometimes, I wouldn't know the name of the spot, so I would call it Snake Ridge until I could figure it out from a map.

OK, so now you have to explain why they call you the Liberty Peach.

;)

I flamework glass and its my business Ken O Glass

Oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer??

My primitive skills name is Walkingdeer. I use it as a name to market my art,,,,, Walkingdeer Primitives. I am also an Oogaboogachief in the flint knapping world so combined = Oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer. Brew house name is Stumblingdeer Brewery.

Mines a Radiohead ep that I think just looks cool in all lowercase and run together. I've been using some variation of it for internet handles for at least five years anyway

Back in the 80's, there was a comedian named Bob Nelson who did a routine where he goofed on football players. One of the characters he did claimed to have been injured in a game, resulting in him becoming "dain bramaged".

I loved that routine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer??

My primitive skills name is Walkingdeer. I use it as a name to market my art,,,,, Walkingdeer Primitives. I am also an Oogaboogachief in the flint knapping world so combined = Oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer. Brew house name is Stumblingdeer Brewery.

Back in community college, while in an anthro class, flintknapper Harry Oda made a flint spear point, and I won it. I gave it to a friend years later, but I wish I had it not - it was very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grossy Proudfoot, Proprietor of the Northfarthing Brewery.

Located in the Northfarthing of the Shire.

This is a cool thread I've always wondered about some of the crazy/unique handles on here. Mine is just something stupid I made up because I suck with usernames. Mystery Haus because I never take gravity readings, calculate IBUs or SRM or anything like that. Beer always turns out good but I like to simplify things because I'm lazy. And house became haus because I don't know. Hipsters might like the different spelling

Much enjoyed reading this thread. My own is obvious LOTR reference, and not related to any ancient magic I may or may not have.

I live in an old (1790) blue colonial and my wife and I liked the way Blue House Brewhaus rolled off the tongue so that's what we decided to call my obsessive little operation. When I signed up for HBT, I couldn't think of anything better so here I am.

Mine is my nickname. We moved to a small town my freshman year of highschool. I was given an upper classman "mentor" to show me around and he gave me this nickname during football practice (My name is Kirby). It just kind of stuck. And now, I've just realized that was half my life ago. Weird.

Mine is weak, but I have used it so long I don't know how to get rid of it.

In the early 90s, I posted on something called Prodigy, which was one of the companies that lost out to Compuserve and AOL. One day, I read about this new startup company called YAHOO that was offering FREE email addresses that you could use anywhere, unlike the Prodigy address that then could be used only on the Prodigy system.

I decided that since it was a very new system, that it should not be a problem to get the email address YOOHOO@YAHOO. I was quite wrong. So, I kept trying variations on the YOOHOO theme. After I don't know how many tries, I changed HOO to WHO, and then changed YOO to YOU which I translated to the French VOUS. After all that, I swapped the positions of YOO and HOO, and wound up with WHOVOUS.

More than twenty years later, I still don't really like it, but it seems too late to change it now.

I'm an award winning food preserver (hobby). So the Cann is actually from "Canning" and since that world is largely dominated by women, SWMBO would say "My Canning Man."

Cannman is born

^_^

I'm currently on a mission to discover the worlds greatest pizza crust, so I might become Pizzaman one day.

Couldn't think of a user name so I used my great uncles name Ole. So its not "olay", as I am scandanavion descent.
Tried to name my daughter Lena but was no go with the wife.

Did not think much about my name, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and most people here just refer to it as the Bay Area so ba-brewer is short for Bay Area Brewer.

Ugh, Invictus was a gaming handle I used 15+ years ago, and I happened to get an email from someone who I played with back then on the day I joined HBT. So naturally it was what popped into my head when I registered and I just added "brew" to the end of it because "Invictus" by itself was already taken.

Yeah, it's kinda wild how it can mean different things to different folks. I've even had spell checkers try to correct me that it's union dr...like just now...
Stupid spell checker...:drunk:

I always read this as Union Raider, just for fun, because it seemed so incredibly wrong. And of course it was.

Mine refers to mountain biking, not marital expectations.

Grand Daddy taught me how to rifle and pistol shoot pretty good. But, he could never teach me to shoot a shotgun worth a flip. We came in from a bird hunt and he told everyone I missed most of them....from the on it was Mismost. He liked the sound of it and liked to aggravate me....so it stuck! Besides, I do miss a lot of stuff....brewing is just another place to do it.

FWIW...at 45 years old, I took some shotgun lessons. I don't "miss most" any more and nobody calls me by that nick name these days. But, I think of Grand Daddy every time I type it.....still miss that old fart.

Mine was some graffiti we read in the men's room of the local dive bar we frequented back in the 90's. Friends started using that as my nick name, and it was right around the time I started getting online, so I've been using it ever since.

Way back once upon a time...you could only name none-apple computer files using DOS, (REMEMBER DOS?) you could only use 8 letters/numbers to name a file. I was the "computer guy" at the high school where I worked and a local internet company gave us 2 free connections. Well our sports teams are the Seariders..and not being able to use all of that name I came up with crider1 and crider2. I later adopted it for me and my truck has had C-Rider as it's license plate for about 25 years. I added the - after a few years so people wouldn't think it was my last name. I've been called cryder. LOL

My first year in China, I taught oral English in a university. My lifestyle being extremely sedentary at the time, and Chinese culture being much more straightforward about body flaws than American culture, my students would tell me, "Mr. R******, we think you are very fat and should exercise more often." When some friends decided to help me choose a Chinese name later that year, they drew upon that story for the surname 胖 - fat - and in reference to the huge percentage of foreign males who use it in their Chinese names, the given name 龙 - dragon. So my Chinese name is 胖龙 - Fat Dragon, and since then it's my first choice whenever I need to sign up for a username anywhere.

Back