Who got a man bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can live out of this for a week when travelling.
pict0002ai0.jpg

I don't have one like that, but I do use a backpack to bring stuff to and from work -- lunch, MP3 player, organizer, etc.

Why shouldn't men have the luxury of a big purse to carry things? My pockets are only so big .....

Cargo pants baby! I also have a lululemon shirt with upwards of 12 giant pokcets.

I have a messanger bag than I use (free iShares swag), but it's starting to rip apart at the seams. The only rule for the "man bag" as far as I'm concerned is that it needs to be black - sorry Orfy, that looks just like my wife's purse ;)

I have two murses....I want a smaller one for iPod, camera, earbuds, pen/paper, my little black book.....almost bought one the other day, but I thought it was overpriced. I would use my pockets.....or my belt, but my friends say I have the 'Bat Belt' and I'd rather have everything in a bag or sorts.

edit: black is a must, why anyone makes them in different colors is beyond me

I have one too.

I always carry one because I keep my epi-pen and some allergy pills in it. And, I can carry my agenda and mp3 player and other stuff too.

But, the #1 reason is to eventually NOT-die from my food allergies!!! (fish, beans, sea-food)

xjiefx said:
But, the #1 reason is to eventually NOT-die from my food allergies!!! (fish, beans, sea-food)

nice excuse! true or not, people aren't going to say that's a dumb reason

orfy said:
I can live out of this for a week when travelling.
pict0002ai0.jpg

Yeah, but how many pints of Murphy's Stout can you fit in there with your clothes? The train ride from Limerick to Dublin is about a 4 to 5 pint ride. :drunk:

Crumpler 'Modest Embarrasment' messenger bag. Quite handy, tough as nails and fits plenty of bottles/cans of your choice with your other carrying items. Multi point harness/strappy to keep it from shifting.

Multipoint? That is sweet! I wish my Sparco bag had a 5 point harness on it, that would be awesome. I forgot about my Tool Murse I have!

edit:

protoolbag.jpg

I've been using this for my gym/running stuff and my lappie.

3408toteSNW.jpg

And this laptop sleeve from caselogic.

41A69P5KJWL._AA280_.jpg

I'm looking for a better solution.

I have a belt wallet, about the size of a standard pocket wallet. Many fewer back problems since I'm not sitting at a slant. I've got 8-10 bags/knapsacks/motorcycle pouches, but rarely use any of them any more.

All my crap usually goes in my computer case since I'm pretty much lugging that around all the time (work, leisure travel). Otherwise I'm low profile on the stuff I carry or its in the car.

I do need to get a new computer case. current one has wheels which is pretty much unecessary as I'm not too much of a traveler for biz lately. I know some do the back-pack nowadays but that's not for me. Coolest, most functional computer case out there is?

No bags here. I figure if it won't fit in my pocket, I don't need it. Besides, I HATE carrying stuff.

98EXL said:
like a fanny pack? :p

ha ha ha ha ha ah ahahah ah aha ha ha ah haha ha ha ha ah ah
hah hah hahahhah hah haha hahah hah hah hahahahahah ha hah hah haha

You Americans REALLY need to call it something else. ;)

And no, I do not have a 'man bag', apart from the one I was born with. Come on lads, lets stay male and be the happy hairy hunter, not some nancy boy with a purse prancing about town. Jesus, what a thread to read first thing in the morning. GET A GRIP!!! :eek:

I've got one, that I term my gut, haha.

In all seriousness though, no. The only thing close to it is my new laptop backpack that I got off eBay. The things has more pockets then 10 pairs of cargo pants and has been a real lifesaver for me thus far.

I carried one for a while when I was in my hippie years in high school. I called it a purse because it was. I was very transient back then. After high school I got a car and it held a LOT more than my purse. If I were travelling again I think I'd get another one. I don't give a damn what people think and they're really convenient.

Latest posts

Back