Will the beer still be good...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimsta

Reaction score
I have a couple kegs of brew in my kegerator right now, but i'm thinking about lagering in the same fridge and i'd need to take the kegs out to make room. The question is - will it kill the beer's flavor after cooling, warming, then cooling the kegs again?

I don't think it would. Look at commercial beer and how much temperature fluctuation they go through they still taste great. I'm not a pro or any thing maybe some one with more experience could chime in. But I would RDWHAHB.:mug:

Anybody? :\

It's my understanding that as long as you keep the temperature reasonable, it won't matter if you take them out of the fridge and put them back in later. You just don't want them getting hot. Room temperatures should be fine.

But I'm not the bazillion post expert.

I've done it with two brews. My winter brown ale and my IPA. The IPA needed time to condition and the winter brown could only get better with age, meanwhile I had other beers that were ready to drink, so I pulled those two. They warmed back up to room temp and sat at about 70+/- for 15 weeks. There is always the risk that some little bugs in there were being suppressed by the cold and could start to flourish at elevated temperature, but the alcohol and high concentration of CO2 are two factors that make it less likely.

Latest posts

Back