WLP351 Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iordz

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone has had experience with White Labs WLP351 Bavarian Weizen? It's a platinum yeast strain available July through August. I brewed a German Hefe (AG) about 13 days ago and used the strain because the one vial of WLP300 (my 1st choice, and I have used it before) looked old. Everything was good until the yeast started producing sulphur. This is the first time I have experienced this, and I've brewed kolsch and some hefes before using their respective traditional yeast strains. I know it will dissipate with aging but I was wondering how long? The plan was to make a Hefe that would be ready in two week, then use the yeast on a Roggen that I would age a little longer. Oh well, guess I have to wait longer than anticipated....
....all in the name of good beer!:mug:

About to use WLP351 on Sunday, do you remember what your experience was with this yeast strain??

Back