World's most expensive mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I'd be willing to sell a bottle of my mead for $200... now mine is the most expensive! :)
You laugh, but, the owner of Moonlight Meadery in Londonderry, NH already has that trophy. Every year his Utopia mead sells for $200/bottle. (mead aged in some kind of barrels) I like a lot of his meads, but, $200/375 ml bottle......that's too much for my wallet, especially with today's gas prices.

You laugh, but, the owner of Moonlight Meadery in Londonderry, NH already has that trophy. Every year his Utopia mead sells for $200/bottle. (mead aged in some kind of barrels) I like a lot of his meads, but, $200/375 ml bottle......that's too much for my wallet, especially with today's gas prices.

Schramms sells many of his products for over 100

I cringe when I shell out 80 for a 300ml of superstition berry white

It's Utopian... and it's called that because it's aged in Sam Adams Utopias barrels.

Imagine how much that stuff would cost if the honey were made with Manuka honey! That stuff is EXPENSIVE! Over $1/oz expensive!
I suppose the thread should be "mead made with the world's most expensive ingredients" but that's a bit wordy. 😅

Back