Greetings All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clef

Reaction score
I'm new here and thought I would say hi. HI!

I've tried brewing a couple of times before and am trying it again.

clef

clef said:
I'm new here and thought I would say hi. HI!

I've tried brewing a couple of times before and am trying it again.

clef

Good luck. I am new here as well. These guys really know their beer, feel free to ask away with your questions.

Welcome back to brewing clef. I am also new, and a former brewer. I now have 2 brews fermenting, and can't wait to do more. I have been lurking around, and getting a lot of information. Do you have your first batch picked out yet??

Conrad

Thanks all. Tonight I started my first brew in a few years. I'll let you know how it goes.

clef

welcome clef and glad you found us. you'll get a butt-load of info from these guy's and have a good laugh now and then too!

good luck!

gaelone said:
Clef, what was your first returning brew? Welcome back to the obsession!

Well it's a Muntons Bock beer liquid extract with 3lbs Dark DME and Wyeast German Ale liquid yeast. I've now read that a bock is actually a lager, but all I had was the yeast that came with the Muntons and the German ale. So I use the German ale. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but hopefully it'll be good. The OG was 1.050. Feel free to let me know the good and bad about what I've put together.

Thanks and later

ah, it'll be fine. until i got my chest freezer set up w/ external thermostat control, that's the way i did them. i've brewed many a lager style beer using ale yeasts. just ends up being fruitier and more estery than a lager. kind of ends up like a brown ale.
good luck!

Back