60-Year-Old 1926 Whiskey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imhoppy

Reaction score
A Macallan Fine and Rare 60-Year-Old 1926 bottle (700 ml) of whiskey recently sold for $1.9 million USD.

That's about $41,000 for a 15 ml (0.507 us oz.) pour.

Distilled 93 years ago in 1926, so for 33 years it must have aged in the cask before bottling.

What would you do with your bottle, assuming you decided to buy one?
1926.jpeg

Donate it to be auctioned off again to help re-elect someone....(can't mention anyone in particular, or I'll be banned by the HBT thread police)
:drunk:

Was bottled in 86, 60 years after distilling!

unlike any other bottle of scotch, which lasts only a few weeks in my house, I would put this one behind bullet proof glass and genuflect before it, because I am not worthy :)

Was bottled in 86, 60 years after distilling!

unlike any other bottle of scotch, which lasts only a few weeks in my house, I would put this one behind bullet proof glass and genuflect before it, because I am not worthy :)
Good point. Whiskey does not mature in the bottle, so that means it was in the cask for 60 years, then bottled in 1986. Thanks so much for the correction.

Latest posts

Back