Bru'n Water Macros?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDrinkRepeat

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been answered before, but: what do the macros in Bru'n Water do? I am using this in Excel on a Mac, which doesn't support any of the macros and I get the error when I open the doc. What features (if any) will not work without the macro support?

The macros have to do with the drop down selection boxes and spinner buttons. As long as those program features work, there should be no problem with disabling or removing the macros. Give it a try, it might still work fine.

I use the spreadsheet on the Mac all of the time - it seems to work with Office 2011 version. Some of the fonts are a bit clunky - but everything functions without macros.

Excellent, thanks guys! Just wanted to be sure... my inexperience with the spreadsheet means I couldn't tell if the macros were actually affecting any calculations or not.

And Martin, thanks for putting such an awesome tool and sharing all your knowledge with us... I've been reading about water chemistry for quite a long time, and I've done some very basic things but now I'm setting out to really go the distance. I'm about to order a pH meter (still trying to decide which one -- probably either a Milwaukee, or that Hach one) and really try to dial everything in. I'm sure I'll be back with questions once I get going... :)

Edit: Matt, I just checked out your walkthrough page... wow, thanks so much! I'm at work now so I'll have to dig in deeper tonight... looking forward to it!

Back