Corny Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturallight16oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Spartanburg challenger VI that needs an out post
I also have a Firestone challenger VI corny but that post does not fit.

any idea how to know which post to order?

There's a spot on Northern Brewer website that has the info you need. If I'm not mistaken, the posts on that keg are different thread sizes.

Firestone V Challenger, Firestone VI Challenger, Firestone Super Challenger
Gas 9/16"-18
Liquid 5/8" -18

Cornelius Spartan & Super Champion
Gas 19/32" - 18
Liquid 19/32" - 18

Cheers!

Firestone V Challenger, Firestone VI Challenger, Firestone Super Challenger
Gas 9/16"-18
Liquid 5/8" -18

Cornelius Spartan & Super Champion
Gas 19/32" - 18
Liquid 19/32" - 18

Cheers!

If both post were the same size, doesn't that mean that the In post would be interchangeable with the out? because mine doesn't fit.

well i figured that, but the one guy is saying that my keg has both post the same size. so something isn't right somewhere. :confused:

Well, "the one guy" was quoting from this web page ;)

But "Spartanburg challenger VI" doesn't actually match anything there - or anything authoritative that I can find on the interweb. I even downloaded and looked through the Foxx Equipment catalog and it doesn't show anything for a "Spartanburg challenger VI" keg.

Got a good LHBS near you that you can take the keg to and see if they can figure it out?

Cheers!

[edit] Perhaps you can try calling Northern Brewer and see if anything on this web page will fit your keg...

Figured this is why i bought this keg without a post. Lol figured the seller couldn't figure it out. oh well. i have no local brewshop, so i guess i'll figure it out when i need the keg. Prob come out cheaper just buying another keg lol

Back