Planning an electric based all-grain HERMS system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've brewed for years but have never been satisfied with the product or my equipment. I've decided to move into better gear and am considering an electric HERMS system for 10 gallon finished batches. Open to suggestions! Thanks, Chris B

Hi, I've brewed for years but have never been satisfied with the product or my equipment. I've decided to move into better gear and am considering an electric HERMS system for 10 gallon finished batches. Open to suggestions! Thanks, Chris B
22 gallon brew built pot set up for BIAB.

Welcome!

I just recently invested in Spike’s system. 15 gallon system for 10 gallon batches. One reason why I chose Spike was that I had just one of their kettles as a boil kettle and I loved the thicker gauge walls. Plus the welding is flawless.

I hopped on this thread for discussion before making up my mind. Hope it helps
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/spike-complete-system.599487/

Thank you Do you feel the 15 gallon size is adequate?
For me it’s just right. I can do 5-10 gallons using all 3 vessels just fine. If I feel like doing less I can brew BIAB style in just the boil kettle. Or I might just use the BK and MT together for a 2 vessel.

I took a break from brewing for a few years. I got back into it with brew in a bag (BIAB). After while I wanted to go back to my previous 3 vessel system but like you wanted to upgrade my system. And that’s when I settled with Spike’s system.

So far I don’t regret it.

You can contact spike and get a quote for just the kettles for the turnkey system. Then build or buy another panel to save money. I’m gong threw that process now and I’ll be sourcing panel, pumps separately

Latest posts

Back