Stringy clumps in fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerluvva

Reaction score
Here are the pictures, can't tell if its yeast or something else. I don't see any thing other than small bubbles on the surface of the beer...smell of the beer is fine. Any opinions?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391228231.624181.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391228257.061366.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391228289.144264.jpg

Looks fine to me. I often get clumps like that when I use whirlfloc or Irish moss.

Thanks...I did use Irish moss, and have before but have not seen this before. Then again thus is a lighter than normal brew for me, so maybe I'm just able to see more than usual..

Thanks...I did use Irish moss, and have before but have not seen this before. Then again thus is a lighter than normal brew for me, so maybe I'm just able to see more than usual..

Forgot to mention in my reply. The stringy gunk does look funky, but you should be more worried about the other adjunct you used. Didn't blend very well. Shows up in the second and third picture. Looks like fingers.

Looks like an apa I did last month, only my globs were smaller. Turned out great!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Back