What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3103.jpeg
IMG_3104.jpeg
Birthday beers with my wife and her parents earlier today at Other Half FLX. It was nice to get out and celebrate our birthdays today.
Oh and there’s more not pictured. 😬😬

Bought this exactly a year ago, seems its coming to an end. Its decent but will probably grab something different for 2024, a little to sweet for me. It's a local distiller that had a few varieties, we got this one at the Christmas village in philly and we're headed there Friday for our annual trip, suppose I'll grab something else from them.
20231211_191459.jpg

I’m beginning to feel like Forrest Gump looking over a box of chocolates – “You never know what you are going to get!” So it goes after yesterday’s brew, glad I pulled a nice Bavarian Helles for today!

Flötzinger Brauerei, since 1543 makes a terrific Helles. Their Flötzringer Hell is a 5.0% ABV from the Bavarian brewer out of Rosenheim Germany. Medium carbonation, low head and zero lacing, this is just what I need in between intense Wheat beers. Hallelujah!

As I’m drinking this, I’m getting a little sweetness on the front end with a full body, makes me think maybe the mash schedule is a couple degrees higher than some of the other Helles beers I’ve had this year. A hearty beer for sure, great to drink with sausages, sauerkraut and a pickle. Enjoy!

IMG_6203.jpeg

Thought I’d give you a sneak peek of my upcoming January 2024 IPA Extravaganza! I’m in the process of sourcing a bunch of IPAs - West Coast brewers mostly - but not necessarily WCIPA’s! There’s a lot of fuzzy murk here, and you know I prefer them clear…! Stay tuned, beginning in January!

View attachment 836201
See if you can get any from Artifex, their lagers are amazing.

And, whew, I hadn't been on the site since Dec 1, so that was a lot of posts to go through.

Last edited:
The Beer Advent Calendar does a great job bringing to us a lot of beers seldom seen on these shores. Case in point – a tasty Keller Bier from Fürst Carl Schlossbrauerei, Ellinger, Germany. They’ve been brewing since 1690, amazing.

Often consumed out of doors in beer gardens, Kellerbiers are literally just that – Cellar beer - brewed maybe a bit recently. Kellerbiers are often still turbid or cloudy from fermentation and yeast. Kind of like you guys making your "4-day grain to glass lagers" with W34/70 or Hornindal – Only better!

Kellerbiers lack the long aging you might find on a Pilsner or Helles, and they can be a little raw and rough around the edges. This one isn’t – in fact it is less cloudy than some of the Helles beers I’ve pulled out of the box. Taste is great, reminds me of a Helles, carbonation below average which is typical for a Kellerbier, and not much head or lacing. At 5.1% ABV you could knock down quite a few of these and still be able to crawl home! Prost!

IMG_6207.jpeg

Last edited:
Back