Can’t believe I did that

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmr9

Reaction score
Brewing a lager, bumped from 52 to 60 for a d rest over a couple days, figured hey I can just shut the mini fridge off and let it come up to mid-60s basement temp on its own. Proceeded to open the fridge door and walk away. Did not unplug the fridge/temp controller. Thing has been running probably since Sunday 😑

On the plus side the back cooling part still felt cold, but the bottom part was frozen….

I once had a whole chicken on the braai (bbq), and remember that I had to pitch my yeast. Ran to the fridge, pitched the yeast. Decided there and then to use the leftover drops of yeast to make a starter for a bread (which came out very good).

Did all this while the chicken was nicely burning to coal on the fire.

I once had a whole chicken on the braai (bbq), and remember that I had to pitch my yeast. Ran to the fridge, pitched the yeast. Decided there and then to use the leftover drops of yeast to make a starter for a bread (which came out very good).

Did all this while the chicken was nicely burning to coal on the fire.
Ag nee man.

Should have called it extra crispy cajun style.

I changed my oil and poured a quart on the driveway before putting the plug back in. Failed to torque the lugs on my cart correctly and had a wheel fall off. I made some kind of mistake with a keg of ale and pumped maybe 1.5 gallons into the keezer.

When I was in high school, I drove about two miles with a case of beer on the roof of my car.

Brewing a lager, bumped from 52 to 60 for a d rest over a couple days, figured hey I can just shut the mini fridge off and let it come up to mid-60s basement temp on its own. Proceeded to open the fridge door and walk away. Did not unplug the fridge/temp controller. Thing has been running probably since Sunday 😑

On the plus side the back cooling part still felt cold, but the bottom part was frozen….
We have a special place for you.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/dont-do-that.527228/

Ex: Don't spend a lot of money on specialty organic juice to make an amazing cider, then decide at the last minute that the lonely, unused can of non-organic FAJC in the freezer should bump the ABV up a bit and then not read the ingredients, thereby throwing in some yeast-killing preservatives. Don't do that.

I would never tell the story about how I plugged a 500 watt heater into my controller and stashed it in my fermenting fridge and that I plugged it in to the cooling outlet of the controller so it heated on full blast for about 15 hours and melted all the plastic inside.
Don't worry Bobby--your secret is safe with us. (Hee-Hee)

Back