Adding hops to bulldog ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky79

Reaction score
hey everyone. I’ve done a few kits and played around with flavours but I’ve been given a bulldog ipa (which is my favourite style beer) however I do love a hoppy ale, my question is if I add some extra hops for flavour am I better adding it as a tea (boiled water before adding can) or should I add at the end of the brew for 15 minutes to just steep into the brew? Thanks for any help!

Assuming you're actually boiling the brew, just add them right in. if you have a "tea-bag", or hop bag, use it to make clean up a bit easier, but I see no need to complicate the process by preparing your hops separately. if the hops you want to use are pellets, you may end up with them clogging your bag, so just add them straight in and prepare to let the wort settle a bit so you can siphon the beer off the trub. if thats your reasoning for making the tea, so you can strain the tea through a cloth or similar, then that may be a better route. just weigh out the pros/cons of each. no technical reason to avoid either one in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back