Fellowship of the Home Brew I: The Hops are Strong with this one!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too!! I told my wife to untap one of them because I know it has got to be getting low. Right now I am drinking a clone of my local favorite. I have dry hops in the keg and to me it is the best hop flavor I have had, in case you dont know I have not found an IPA I like.

I was thinking about naming my clone inspired beer IPIYIPA. Figure that one out.:D

Hm, is it similar to ISOYG? :fro: I guess we should name our offerings?

cost per bottle?

Too much. 94.00 shipped for 6 cases, so 65 cents a bottle or so.

I don't drink much commercial brew though. Just what you all send me from FotD and the stuff I buy to try for the same.
We have a lot of stuff to bottle too so I can brew some more!!! We are also trying to put a few ciders away so we can free up kegs to build the pipeline. We have have a currant/apple cider in the fermentation chamber and a WLP775 starter going for more cider. I also ordered yeast to start a three gallon batch of BOMM since my wife came home with six pounds of honey she bought on sale.

Hopefully we will be stocked for the FotHB indefinitely:D.

I'm thinking about this one- all I bottle are sours but I have a Munich helles, a citra lager in the style of pils, and a RIS kegged. Just gotta figure out how to get from Keg to bottle.

I grabbed a growler fill tube from my LHBS. Just a piece of tube on a metal fitting with o-rings that slides into your tap. I've used it to fill a bunch of bottles too. Chill bottles, sanitize, put tube to the bottom of the bottle and fill. As soon as it's full cap and do the next one. Maybe not as good a a full blown counter-pressure filler, but it does work.

I put the last pour of my robust porter into a bottle using the above method last night in anticipation of this trade. Needed the keg for another beer that just finished up.

I won’t tell you about the keg we just killed at my 1 year olds birthday. I finished it right after I sent you the stouts. I still have half of the hops left and will be doing a batch again. You will be sure to get some of that. @TwistedGray got a bottle of Tuhop Shakur so maybe he can tell us how it is. It came out ok IMHO so you aren’t missing a ton.

I have a feeling there may be some juicy beers this round. Let me know how you like them.

Got a slew of HB thought I could save for FotHB. However noticing they're drying out. Since I haven't bottled in forever, don't remember this phenomenon. Dumped out the rest of my hard lemonaid this morning but other showing signs. Makes sense I guess. Need a keggorator!!

Got a slew of HB thought I could save for FotHB. However noticing they're drying out. Since I haven't bottled in forever, don't remember this phenomenon. Dumped out the rest of my hard lemonaid this morning but other showing signs. Makes sense I guess. Need a keggorator!!

Are you thinking infection? Don't dump, just drink fast!

:rockin:

My yeast vault mimosa saison and a classic west coast IPA are smelling great. Going to get another brew in this weekend since I'm inspired by this thread and getting beer ready. Now to figure out what it'll be...either a dry slightly bitter Porter or a NEIPA since my last one was such a hit and I have a quarter pound of galaxy left.

Also going to get a batch of my "damn that's good. You made that?" Prickly pear cider started this weekend.
Yes, that's the name after hearing that from all the non-beer drinkers brought to my house who've tried it.

Well this trade has inspired me indeed. 4 beers in 3 weeks. I'm finally getting to catch up on brewing this year. Just finished another iteration of my Porter and a dark mild I was inspired to brew after having a great one at a local brewery.

Well this trade has inspired me indeed. 4 beers in 3 weeks. I'm finally getting to catch up on brewing this year. Just finished another iteration of my Porter and a dark mild I was inspired to brew after having a great one at a local brewery.

Love it!! That porter should be just about right in a month. I'm on an ipa thang so may have to rebrew in 2 weeks if my testing goes nicely.

Going to put two on tap this weekend. I have a Blonde carbing up, and an NEIPA that is getting rushed and kegged tomorrow to go on tap this weekend. I'll bottle some of each. Camping just isn't the same without a kegorater and 10 gallons of beer.

I have one last bottle of porter waiting, a bunch of my Allagash Odyssesy clone, a Brett IPA, and maybe a barelywine, but i'm not sure if that one will be ready for a bottle in time, we'll see. Last I looked it had gotten from 1.120 to 1.040. Really hoping it can get down closer to 1.020.

As for these pictures, any specifications? Do we want to show a glass of the stuff? I don't have fancy labels so some brown bottles wont be too purdy. Can we get some kind of guidelines together for the offers? For instance: A picture of the actual beer for funzies, style, intention if something specific outside of style or highlighted in the style, maybe some vital stats. Just want to get some kind of "standard" to choose from for our various offers so its easier to choose from.

Or y'all can tell me to shut up and I get what I get. Either way is good just throwing it out there.

Pictures would be cool, but can't promise I can comply. I can get pictures of most, but not all considering one beer I'm down to a single bottle left.

I think a brief description of each would be good. Like the beer advocate/similar links in the other trade. Just enough to get an idea what the beer is.

My featured brew in this trade hasn't even been brewed yet. It'll be fresh, hoppy, and ready to ship on pick day.

Ack! Didn't realize I signed up!

I can't guarantee 4 bottles of homebrew, but I will make sure to slip something interesting in the box for the DIY homebrewer if my latest homebrew doesn't work out.

Ack! Didn't realize I signed up!

I can't guarantee 4 bottles of homebrew, but I will make sure to slip something interesting in the box for the DIY homebrewer if my latest homebrew doesn't work out.

This is not a judgement thread!! Unless it's totally infected..of course. 😊 We're all about making our craft better and simply share with one another. Cheers!!

This is not a judgement thread!! Unless it's totally infected..of course. 😊 We're all about making our craft better and simply share with one another. Cheers!!

No infections, thankfully - just more acetaldehyde than I'd like. I've had more success with mead lately than beer, so I'm attempting my mead yeast hydration process with my latest beer to see if it helps. No guarantees, of course, but I'm hopeful!

The last NEIPA was 8 days grain to bottle. 2nd day sample was nice. 4th day sample was tropical heaven. It can be done!

The last NEIPA was 8 days grain to bottle. 2nd day sample was nice. 4th day sample was tropical heaven. It can be done!

Wait, what?! I've got an IPA that has been fermenting for 2 weeks now, and I'm arguing with myself over whether or not to let it keep going for another week yet! 8 days... that's insanity!

Back