Ferm Chamber - Nostalgia Effects 18 bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You'd be better off getting something bigger IMO. For this price, it wouldn't be much more to have a chest freezer (that was on sale) and a temp controller

Good call, got excited by the see thru door but then after posting realized it's going to let light into the better bottle so I wouldn't be able to sit & stare!

Already got the stc1000 just gotta wire it up. Have some gc's to Lowes & Home Depot so just waiting for a decent freezer to go on sale - prob going to just get a 5cf or so to handle one batch at a time & take up the least space while doing it!

I'll second the chest freezer too. I can't recall the specific difference, but most of those clear front wine racks aren't even technically refrigerators. They're coolers, and the temps they can cool to are greatly affected by the temp of the room they're in and the contents. I would assume it would have a hard time fighting an active fermentation for control.
Keep an eye out everywhere cause HD will price match. I just got a 7cf freezer for less than that wine cooler.

Back