Fess up. Who's a new thread whore? Post your ratio.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriso

Broken Robot Brewing Co.
Reaction score
OK. So. Who's a new thread whore? Post your thread ratio.

Threads Started / Total Posts = Ratio (in percent)

To find your total new threads, go to your IAM Homebrewtalk page, then click "View (yourname)'s Threads" in the left hand column. (It's right next to the links for "Buy (yourname) a Premium Membership!") When you click "View (yourname)'s Threads", it takes you to a search result: Scroll to the bottom, where it says Page 1 of # ... right next to that, it should say "Showing 1 to 25 of xxxxxx total."

For example, mine is...

71 new threads / 3199 posts = 0.02219 or in other words 2.22% New Threads

Share yours!

Well, I have 56/5,546 posts or .01009 threads...

Hmmm....Not me...I'll accept that I am a post whore....but it's been for the cause of helping people become better brewers...but thread whore? I usually search before starting a thread....

anyone have a clue who is?

I have my suspicions. *looks around*

41 new threads / 1082 posts = .037892 - 3.79% new posts

A little higher than I thought it would be, but I started a lot of threads when I first joined (only 13 this year). I still wouldn't say I am near being a new thread whore though.

Not counting this post 78 / 946 = .0824

or

8.2% new threads... higher than I would have thought.

8 new threads / 991 posts = 0.00807 or .8% new threads

post counts - I will never catch up to Revvy or BK at this rate. :(

new threads - no one will ever catch up to bluefoxicy :D

10 threads / 392 posts = 2.55%

Mid 2% range seems to be the sweet spot so far....
It's always nice to have some sort of affirmation of my non-whoreness!

New threads: 33

Thread/post ratio: 0.0748 = 7.48% of my posts are new threads!

I am not replying enough for this board.

BTW, the one with the lowest ratio/percentage wins!!

i.e. more posts means lower ratio :D

It is good to be a loser some times ;)

Whee! I'm so glad this idea took off to a flying start! I thought this thread was gonna sit empty and neglected, like a puppy in the gutter, or something.

Yooper! You hit 10K! I'm so sorry I didn't even notice, but CONGRATS!!!! Cellybrations are in order, I should send you beer!

new threads - no one will ever catch up to bluefoxicy :D
Heh, bluefoxicy is only 35/197 at 17.76%! I know of someone, off the top of my head, who's got a far higher ratio than that! ;)

Honestly, I think anything under 8-10% is highly reasonable! I agree that it seems like the "sweet spot" is kind of in that 2-6% range.
As for those who were just a touch on the higher end of the spectrum, like for example Coastarine, I know a handful of your threads were process-driven, in trying to nail down a recipe (your honey rose beer, for example!)!
I want to be clear: I'm not saying that IF you create a lot of new threads, you are automatically a horrible terrible resource hog. It could just mean you had a bunch of ideas you were working on! But I DO think this is a very fun little metric to play around with, and share! :D

Carry on, folks!

Also! This appears to be post #3200 for me! Whoa!

I guess I win so far with ****** baggery of thread whores, 14.42%. I read a lot of the threads I just don't respond. Forgive me.

Whee! I'm so glad this idea took off to a flying start! I thought this thread was gonna sit empty and neglected, like a puppy in the gutter, or something.

Yooper! You hit 10K! I'm so sorry I didn't even notice, but CONGRATS!!!! Cellybrations are in order, I should send you beer!

Heh, bluefoxicy is only 35/197 at 17.76%! I know of someone, off the top of my head, who's got a far higher ratio than that! ;)

Honestly, I think anything under 8-10% is highly reasonable! I agree that it seems like the "sweet spot" is kind of in that 2-6% range.
As for those who were just a touch on the higher end of the spectrum, like for example Coastarine, I know a handful of your threads were process-driven, in trying to nail down a recipe (your honey rose beer, for example!)!
I want to be clear: I'm not saying that IF you create a lot of new threads, you are automatically a horrible terrible resource hog. It could just mean you had a bunch of ideas you were working on! But I DO think this is a very fun little metric to play around with, and share! :D

Carry on, folks!

I know! I can't believe I actually had enough to say to make 10,000 posts worth.

You know, I bet the first 6 months or longer that I was here that my ratio was much higher. I always had so many questions! But, after hanging around of couple of years, I rarely start threads unless I have something specific to ask about. Not that I know everything- in fact, just the opposite! I learn every single day.

I'm just looking at these ratios, and it seems like the newer brewers are the ones who start the most threads. That's how it should be, IMHO. The "old timers" around here can answer a lot of questions, because of their experience. Anyone who has something new to ask or say is always welcome to. (Well, maybe not Bluefoxicy...........)

1.8% for me. I clicked User CP in the upper lefthand corner, then My Threads, and that told me how many threads I've created.

OO I'm VERY close to a thread whore 23 threads / 208 posts 11%

If I remove all deals I found online and passed on..... 19 threads /208 posts 9%

If I remove all the stupid nub questions..... 4 threads /208 posts 2%

187 new threads, versus 13k+ total threads. 1.37%.

A good number of those are in the mod forum, though, so the "adjusted" percentage is 1.1% - 1.2%, somewhere in that neighborhood.

147 / 3615 = 4.1%

Lots of questions back in 2005 when there really wasn't much content here. Threads on beer not so much anymore.

ok so I'm the new thread whore. But I dont think 147 posts is an adequate sample.

(32/147) X 100 = 21.8%

This is what happens when you're just getting started and have a lot of questions but not a lot of answers.

Hey,even Manny Ramirez hit .170 in his 1993 Major League debut. Gime me time!

Back