First beer in the kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Boy am I glad I made the switch, sooo much easier than bottling. Got my kegerater all done today, and rebuilt two kegs after soaking them in some cleaner. Kegged 5 gallons of Berliner Weisser, and 5 gallons of my 8-8-08 Belgian IIPA with Brett B.

Two sour beers on tap, I have to ask can life get any better?

Are there any special procedures to clean your taps or lines out after serving sour beer? Just BLC or is it more intense than that?

I am not going to worry about it, I have used all the same stuff for sour and non sour beers and have yet to have an issue. I am very careful with sanitation, but so far no issues.

Hey Ryan, can you tell me about your setup? I'm thinking about putting together some kind of kegging system.

Hey Ryan, can you tell me about your setup? I'm thinking about putting together some kind of kegging system.

I went with a 5 pound C02 tank, dual gauge reg. and a three way c02 distributor. Its in a side by side fridge, I am hoping to get three kegs going after a little while. It will easily fit 4 though.

Is it hard to put in taps? Are you using corny kegs?

I am just using the picnic taps for right now, I want to paint my fridge before I drill into it. and yes I am using corny ball lock kegs

Yes, they could be at my house.

:D, if I can figure out a way to bottle some, I owe ya some beer for the yeast you sent me. The BW is made with it, and I think you would like the IIPA.

:D, if I can figure out a way to bottle some, I owe ya some beer for the yeast you sent me. The BW is made with it, and I think you would like the IIPA.

I meant to ask you how that BW came out. Mine is still sitting the closet, it was not sour enough the last time I tasted it.

I am just using the picnic taps for right now, I want to paint my fridge before I drill into it. and yes I am using corny ball lock kegs

Well, I am sure you've seen the BMBF thread and I have to tell you it works great!

(Beerrific- just trying to help you get some beer here!) :D

Back