Intertap Flow Control Taps - Problems shutting off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seilenos

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with their Intertap Flow Control taps not shutting off?

I just installed four Intertap FC and it seems like at least two of them sometimes don't want to shut off completely ... when you push the handle back and let go a small stream of beer continues to flow.

If I push hard on the handle when this happens the stream will stop until I let go at which point it will resume. Usually, if I open and close the tap, the leak will stop.

Not sure what to do about it. I sent a note off to the retailer I purchased from but haven't heard back.

Is it possible I installed something wrong?

Look into the Intertap SS return springs. Don't know if they'll fit the FC models, but I loaded them into all of my Perlick first gen 525ss faucets to keep them from suddenly dribbling when I swing open the keezer lid (6 faucet t-tower on top). Love the springs!

Cheers!

Back