Land of Pleasant Living

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucketnative

Reaction score
Checking in from Baltimore, MD. Usually just read, but as I have gotten more experience I have some questions... maybe a few answers?

Current projects at time of posting:

Secondary fermenter - Rich stout

Bottle/priming still - Brown ale

Bottle/drinking - Wit

Cheers

Welcome to HBT!

I visited Baltimore once years ago; what I remember most was that the panhandlers were, in general, very engaging and more creative and detailed in their hard luck stories than most I've met. Around here people just hold up a battered cardboard sign, barely look you in the eye and do not want any conversation. I gave a couple working an intersection near the waterfront $10 for their well coordinated and detailed story. It was certainly more memorable than whatever we had for dinner that evening. I sincerely hope they got the station wagon fixed & fueled, made it back to Florida and that the little lady finally got that medical procedure taken care of.

Here's to the highly skilled and entertaining homeless population of Baltimore! :mug:

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually work two blocks above the Pigtown neighborhood, so I know it well.

Baltimore is indeed a special place, with many talented people. It also has several very good breweries, thankfully. I think trying all the different brews around here is what got me back into homebrewing this year. I hadn't done it in about two years, but recently felt inspired. We also have a nice homebrew shop... Nepenthe. I love just walking in the place.

Back