Mixing two batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
I have 10 gallons of Octoberfest that will be ready to bottle very soon. They are the same recipe, but I was wondering if I could mix the two batches before bottling, so that through the 4 cases, they all taste the same.

Any reason not to do this?

It will taste good, but you are either brave, or stupid. That will take forEVER to bottle.

Oh, I'm totally stupid, but why do you say that, just curious.

I'll have a helper, so it won't be that bad. Last time I bottled two batches by myself it only took me 3 hours start to finish..granted the bottles were spick and span, just had to sanitize them real quick, and I have a great system for that, so it was all good

Last time I bottled two batches by myself it only took me 3 hours start to finish..granted the bottles were spick and span, just had to sanitize them real quick, and I have a great system for that, so it was all good

Wow, your tough! The last time I kegged 10 gallons it took 15 minutes. ;)

Wow, your tough! The last time I kegged 10 gallons it took 15 minutes. ;)

oh thanks for rubbing it in...only problem that I have with kegging is I can't take bottles easy to a friends house...oh wait, nevermind, I can!

I just haven't gotten there yet, in time, in time

Back